MEng Concentration: Financial Engineering
Anticipated Graduation Date: December 2018
Education (previous degree): Colby College; Bachelor of Arts, Major 1 in Economics-Mathematics: Financial Market concentration, Major 2 in Mathematical Science, Minor in Physics
Experience (could be previous work, research, project, or leadership roles in an extracurricular activity):
- Academic Project: Stock Pitch Project on American Tower Corporation (Spring 2017)
- Leadership: Cyber Games (Dota 2) Team Captain (Spring 2016)
- Colby College: Teaching Assistant for Mathematical Economic Course (Fall 2016)
- Colby College: Research Assistant in Physics Department Astronomy Lab (Summer 2015)
- Academic Project: Determinants of Criminal Rate Project (Spring 2015)
Hobbies: Playing basketball, playing badminton, cyber games, skating, hiking, and calligraphy
Why do you want to pursue a career in finance?
The financial market is energetic and dynamic, allowing me the opportunity to utilize my strong analytical and communication skills.
What makes you unique?
I participated in the China Physics Olympiads and won the third prize. Though it was extremely competitive and stressful, it prompted me to realize the power of passion and courage.