Anqi (Angie) Wang
Anticipated Graduation Date: December 2017
Education (previous degree): University of Washington; Bachelor of Science, Double-major in Economics / Applied and Computational Mathematical Science
- Bats Global Markets (a CBOE company): Business Rotational Intern in Sales, Market Data, FX, Product and ETF teams (Summer 2017)
- China Construction Bank: Risk Management Intern (Winter 2017)
- Vanho Securities: Investment Banking Intern (Summer 2016)
- University of Washington: Research Assistant in Department of Finance (2015-2016)
- Leadership: Student Coordinator leading 10+ people in a fast-paced working environment (2015-2016)
- Academic Projects: Portfolio Optimization and Value at Risk Analysis under the Heavy Tail Assets (Spring 2017); Financial Analysis of Six Vanguard Funds (Autumn 2014)
Hobbies: Snorkeling, fishing, traveling, playing zheng (a Chinese traditional musical instrument)
Why do you want to pursue a career in finance?I am passionate about cutting-edge technologies and dynamic strategies in finance. A career in finance would maximize my cross-cultural background and strong communication skills.
What makes you unique?
I love to travel. My friends say that, given my strong communication skills, I am a trustworthy source for providing recommendations for various destinations.