MEng Concentration: Financial Engineering
Anticipated Graduation Date: December 2018
Education (previous degree): Grinnell College; Bachelor of Arts, Major in Mathematics and Economics
- Grinnell College: Teaching Assistant for Game Theory and Multivariable Calculus (Fall 2014 — Spring 2017)
- Academic Project: Are Smaller Firms More Sensitive to Market Movements? (Spring 2017)
- Nationwide Insurance: Commercial Product Intern (Summer 2016)
- Enroll America: Data Analytics Intern (Fall 2015)
- Mizuho Bank: Treasury Intern (Summer 2014)
Hobbies: Playing Zheng, playing table tennis, traveling and jogging
Why do you want to pursue a career in finance?
I am attracted to the unpredictability of the volatile financial market, and I am motivated to analyze these irregularities to ultimately make an impact.
What makes you unique?
I worked as a part-time NBA news editor for Tencent China in 2016 and assisted in writing news about several big events, such as the 2016 Rio Olympic Basketball Games. The sports media experience improved my communication skills and made me realize the power of information dissemination.