MEng Concentration: Financial Engineering
Anticipated Graduation Date: December 2018
Education (previous degree): The University of Waterloo, Bachelor of Mathematics, Honors Statistics, Computer Science Minor
Experience (could be previous work, research, project, or leadership roles in an extracurricular activity):
- Competition: Risk & Insurance Case Competition (Spring 2017)
- Competition: Kaggle Competition in Quora Question Pairs (Winter 2017)
- China Development Bank: Risk Management Department Summer Intern in Credit Rating Model Analysis (Summer 2016)
- Academic Project: Model the Return of Apple Stock (Fall 2015)
- University of Waterloo: Algebra tutor at Mathematics Tutorial Center (Fall 2015)
Hobbies: Learning foreign languages, listening to music, cooking
Why do you want to pursue a career in finance?
I want to apply my skills in programming, data processing, and model analyzing to solve financial problems in a real-life setting.
What makes you unique?
I once worked on a team to use C++ in simulated Chess to give users the option to play with either a human or computer player(s); both text-based display and graphical display were supported.