Operations Research and Information Engineering
MEng Concentration: Financial Engineering
Anticipated Graduation Date: December 2018
Education: Georgia Institute of Technology, Master of Science, Major in Ocean Modeling; Xiamen University, Bachelor of Science, Major in Ocean Science
- Experience: China A-shares Day Trader and Quantitative Strategist on Market Microstructure (2014 - 2017)
- Georgia Institute of Technology: Research Assistant in ocean modeling and time series analysis (2012 - 2014)
- Leadership: Founder and Coordinator for Hiking in Georgia (Spring 2014)
- Academic Project: Climate Model Analysis at National Center for Atmospheric Research (Summer 2013)
- Xiamen University: Research Assistant in large satellite data analysis from NOAA and NASA (2010 - 2012)
Hobbies: Hiking, reading biographies, meditation
Why do you want to pursue a career in finance?
Trading thrills me as it consistently interacts and develops with new technology. I would love to employ my research abilities in trading and contribute in the big data realm.
What makes you unique?
Trading equities as well as meditating are two of my favorite pastimes. These two seemingly unrelated hobbies teach me how to remain focused mentally.