MEng Concentration: Financial Engineering
Anticipated Graduation Date:December 2018
Education (previous degree): University of California, Santa Barbara; Bachelor of Science, Major in Financial Mathematics and Statistics; Bachelor of Art, Major in Economics and Accounting
- University of California, Santa Barbara: Mathematics and Statistics Tutor for Campus Learning Assistance Services (Fall 2015 to Spring 2017)
- Leadership: UCSB Rowing Varsity Men’s Coxswain (Fall 2013 to Spring 2017)
- Academic Project: Costco Financial Statement Analysis (Spring 2017)
- Leadership: Assistant Controller for UCSB Associated Students, Office of the Controller (Summer 2015 to Spring 2016)
- Academic Project: NASDAQ Stock Clustering Analysis (Fall 2016)
- London School of Economics Summer Program: Options, Futures and Other Financial Derivatives (Summer 2016)
Hobbies: Rowing; Chinese traditional seal carving; nunchakus; ocarina; traveling; bodybuilding
Why do you want to pursue a career in finance?
I crave the challenges in a competitive work environment that not only allows me to utilize my strong analytical and leadership skills but also offers copious opportunities for me to improve.
What makes you unique?
I have been on the rowing team for all four years of college and won multiple regional and national titles. The competitive training pushed me to master leadership, time management, and multitasking skills and armed me with a relentless mentality to persevere and overcome any kind of challenge.