Students must apply for affiliation with a Major during the first semester of the sophomore year, although earlier affiliation may be granted at the discretion of the Major. To apply for affiliation, students should visit the ORIE Undergraduate Office in 203 Rhodes Hall or email the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Affiliation requirements for Operations Research & Engineering:
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) greater than or equal to 2.2 in math, science, and engineering courses both overall and in the term immediately prior to affiliation.
- At least a C in ENGRD 2700 and MATH 2940.
- At least a C- in all completed ORIE courses.
- Good academic standing in the College of Engineering.
- Applications received between January 1st and January 31st are processed by March 1st.
- Applications received between February 1st and May 31st are processed by July 1st.
- Applications received between June 1st and September 14th are processed by October 15th.
- Applications received between September 15th and December 31st are processed by mid-January.
Internal transfer from another Cornell college to the ORIE major
- Students who want to transfer from another college at Cornell in order to major in ORIE in the College of Engineering should contact the Internal Transfer Division.
- In order to affiliate with the ORIE major, students must meet the criteria for admission to the major.
External transfer to Cornell from a different institution
- Students who would like to transfer from a college or university outside Cornell to the ORIE major in the College of Engineering should view the College of Engineering's transfer admission website.