Éva Tardos will be honored with the 2017-18 Philip McCord Morse Lectureship AwardRead more about Éva Tardos to received lectureship award
Eva Tardos received her Dipl.Math. in 1981 , and her Ph.D. 1984, from Eötvös University , Budapest, Hungary . She joined Cornell in 1989, and was Chair of the Department of Computer Science 2006-2010. She has been elected to the National Academy of Engineering, National Academy of Sciences, and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, is an external member of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, and is the recipient of a number of fellowships and awards including the Packard Fellowship, the Gödel Prize, Dantzig Prize, Fulkerson Prize, and the IEEE Technical Achievement Award. She was editor editor-in-Chief of SIAM Journal of Computing 2004-2009, and is currently editor of several other journals including the Journal of the ACM, Theory of Computing, and Combinatorica.
Tardos's research interest is algorithms and algorithmic game theory, an area concerned with designing and analyzing systems and algorithms for selfish users. Her research focuses on algorithms and games on networks. She is most known for her work on network-flow algorithms, approximation algorithms, and quantifying the efficiency of selfish routing.
- Dylan, Foster, Li Zhiyuan, Lykouris Thodoris, Sridharan Karthik, Eva Tardos. 2016. "Learning in Games: Robustness of Fast Convergence." Paper presented at NIPS 2016. Also presented at the Ad-Auction workshop, Maastricht, July
- Lykouris, Thodoris, Vasilis Syrgkanis, Eva Tardos. 2016. "Learning and Efficiency in Games with Dynamic Population." Paper presented at ACM-SIAM Symposium on Discrete Algorithms (SODA)
- Nekipelov, Denis, Vasilis Syrgkanis, Eva Tardos. 2015. "Econometrics for Learning Agents." Paper presented at ACM Conference on Economics and Computation (EC'15), Portland OR
- Roughgarden, T., Eva Tardos. 2002. "How bad is selfish routing?." Journal of the Acm 49 (2): 236-259.
- Kleinberg, Jon, Eva Tardos. 2005. Algorithm Design. Addison-Wesley.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Member of the National Academy of Sciences 2012
- IEEE Computer Society Technical Achievement Award 2011
- Goedel Prize (ACM) 2012
- Member (National Academy of Engineering) 2007
- Recipient, Packard Fellowship 1990
Eotvos Lorand University 1984
In the News
Eva Tardos has been selected as the 2017 recipient of the EATCS Award.Read more about Eva Tardos receives EATCS computer science award
Tardos is one of 84 new members of the organization created by Abraham Lincoln 150 years ago.Read more about Field of Operations Research member Éva Tardos is elected to the National Academy of Sciences