Air Travel to Ithaca & Cornell University
Ithaca, New York (ITH) — 10 minutes from campus
The Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport is located on Brown Road in Ithaca, N.Y. A 10-minute drive from campus and downtown areas, the airport is serviced by the following airlines:
- Delta, phone: 1-800-221-1212
- US Airways, phone: 800.428.4322
- United Airlines (connections with US Airways), phone: 800.864.8331
- FlyIthaca.com to check fares to Ithaca
Three Ithaca taxi companies operate under the same ownership, Ithaca Dispatch: 888.321.1149. Cost of taxi from Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport to Cornell is approximately $18.00 for one passenger. Fare does not include additional charges for baggage, additional stops, wait time, or extra passengers.
- University Taxi (airport, malls): 607.277.7777
- Yellow Taxi (within city): 607.277.2227
- Cayuga Taxi (long distance): 607.277.8294
Tompkins Consolidated Area Transit (TCAT) buses are the cheapest options to Cornell. Route 31 serves the Ithaca airport. Fare for a single ride is $1.50 for adults (ages 18-59), $0.75 for youth (ages 6-17) and seniors (age 60 and above) and persons with disabilities. For more rate fares, go to http://www.tcatbus.com/content/view/fare-pass-options.html.
There are two car rental companies at the Ithaca Tompkins Regional Airport.
- Hertz: 800.654.3131 (reservations); 607.257.8677 (local office).
Daily rates: $44-75 (estimate). Weekly rates: $222-272 (estimate).
- Avis: 800.831.2847 (reservations).
Daily rates: $46-200 (estimate); Weekly rates: $240-410 (estimate).
Other Regional Airports
Syracuse, New York (SYR)
Syracuse Hancock International Airport in Syracuse, N.Y., is approximately 60 miles north of Cornell University with an estimated driving time of 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Door-to-door limousine and van service
Reservations for ground transportation are recommended. Connections may be reserved ahead of time with one of the following:
- Ithaca Airline Limousine: 607.273.3030; 800.273.9197
Cost is $85 one way or $130 round trip.* Mastercard/Visa only.
- Executive Limousine and Sedan: 607.753.9180
Cost is $177.45 one way.
* Rates are estimated; please call to check on current rates.
There are five car rental agencies that service Syracuse Hancock International Airport. These offices are continuously staffed to provide quality customer service. Reservations may be made in advance or upon arrival at the airport. The car rental agencies are conveniently located on the first floor of the main lobby. For more information, or to make a reservation, please contact the following offices:
- Alamo/National: 800.227.7368; www.Alamo.com
- Avis: 800.331.1212; www.Avis.com
- Budget: 800.527.0700; www.budget.com
- Dollar: 800.800.3665; www.dollar.com
- Enterprise: 800.325.8007; www.Enterprise.com
- Hertz: 800.654.3131; www.Hertz.com
Rochester, New York (ROC)
Greater Rochester International Airport is approximately 100 miles northwest of Cornell University with an estimated driving time of 2 hours.
Binghamton, New York (BGM)
Greater Binghamton Airport is approximately 40 miles south of Cornell University with an estimated driving time of 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Elmira-Corning, New York (ELM)
Elmira-Corning Regional Airport in Horseheads, N.Y., is approximately 37 miles south of Cornell University with an estimated driving time of 1 hour.