enter text here
I joined Cornell in August 2016 as an Assistant Professor in the school of Electrical and Computer Engineering, after spending two years as a postdoc at MIT. I obtained my Ph.D. from University of California, San Diego, and my B. Tech degree from Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur.
I am interested in information theory, algorithmic statistics, and machine learning. In particular, I am interested in understanding the trade-offs between resources (e.g., data, memory, time, etc) for problems in statistical learning. During my graduate work, I worked on compression and statistical estimation, with particular emphasis on problems over large domains.
- 2016. "Sample-optimal density estimation in nearly-linear time". .
- 2015. "Optimal testing of properties of distributions." .
- 2015. "The complexity of estimating Rényi entropy." .
- 2015. "String reconstruction from substring compositions." 29 (3): 1340-1371. .
- 2014. "Near-optimal-sample estimators for spherical gaussian mixtures." .
Selected Awards and Honors
- MIT Energy Initiative Fellowship (MIT) 2014
- Shannon Graduate Fellowship (UCSD) 2012
- Jack Keil Wolf Student Paper Award (ISIT) 2010
- Btech. (Electronics and Communication Engineering), IIT Kharagpur, 2007
- MS (Electrical and Computer Engineering), University of California, San Diego, 2009
- Ph D (Electrical and Computer Engineering), University of California, San Diego, 2014