Video Interview Instructions and Troubleshooting
If you experience technical difficulties and need support, please send a message to email@example.com with a description of the problem, the web browser you are using, the country you are located in, the e-mail address associated with your ApplyWeb account, and the transaction ID for your application. See also the 'Troubleshooting' section below, which details some common solutions to technical problems with the Video Interview process.
The first thing we recommend trying is making sure you have the most recent version of Adobe Flash Player installed, as that is the program used to run the videos. Be sure to un-check the check box for installing McAfee Security Scan Plus unless you want that program as well. It defaults to being checked.
Be sure to have Flash Player allow our site to access your camera and microphone for the video recording--there will normally be a small Flash Player dialog box for this when you first reach the video test. If you do not see it when the page with the video test first loads, try refreshing the browser page holding down CTRL and F5 on a PC or Cmd, Shift and R on a Mac.
Flash Player also needs to be set to use the microphone and camera you are using, and the microphone level needs to be set high enough to record the audio. You can get a Flash Player settings box to appear by right-clicking in the video box and selecting "Settings". There are tabs with microphone and camera icons for those settings, and the tab with a monitor with an eye inside it is the one that allows you to select whether to allow or deny our site access to your camera and microphone (if you were unable to get that setting to appear).
If this does not resolve the issue, our next suggestion would be to try a different browser, such as Chrome or Firefox.
Finally, it is possible that there was a bandwidth issue. If you have access to a connection with more bandwidth, that is what we recommend trying. There is also just a tendency of the internet and browsers to function more slowly than normally on occasion, so it could be worth trying it again from the same connection to see if you encounter better performance. Making sure to shut off any other devices that might be using bandwidth on the network while recording and playing back may also help.
· You will be asked to respond, via webcam, to a series of 5 questions.
· Each question page will contain a video question window and a video response window.
· You will have exactly 1 minute to answer each question.
· A timer will display in the video response window to indicate how much time you have remaining.
· You will be able to view each video question only once, and you must respond immediately, so it is essential that you make sure your speaker volume is set appropriately and that you pay attention.
· When a video question finishes playing, your video response will begin recording immediately. Your response will be saved automatically if the timer runs out, or if you stop the recording.
· The buttons on the video question pages work as follows:
=> Previous Page: Navigates you to the previous page. If you have already answered the question, you will not be able to re-record your answer.
=> Save: Saves your progress but allows you to remain on the same page.
=> Save & Exit: Saves your progress, exits you from the interview, and navigates you to your Apply Web activity page.
=> Proceed: Saves your progress and navigates you to the next question on the next page.
· After you have answered all 5 questions, you will be prompted to "Submit Interview."
· To make sure that your webcam and microphone are working properly before entering the interview, you will first conduct a video and sound test. This test allows you to “look in the mirror” and check your appearance and voice volume before beginning the interview. A well-lit room will make your video picture look better.
WHEN YOU ARE READY TO PROCEED TO THE INTERVIEW
1. Log in to your ApplyWeb account by following the link contained in your invitation e-mail.
2. Review and verify the application information displayed in the Personal Information section.
a. You may update your e-mail address, if necessary, by clicking the “Change Email” button.
b. If any other information is incorrect or has changed, please contact Daniel Ehrlich at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
3. Check the box next to “I have read and understand the instructions.”
4. Conduct your Video Picture & Sound Test:
a. Click the “Record” button to record your 30-second test video.
b. Click the “Stop” button when you are done, or continue recording until the time expires.
c. A dialog box will ask you if you heard your voice and saw your video. If you are satisfied with both, click "Yes." If not, click “No”, make appropriate adjustments to your camera and microphone, and re-record the test video.
5. When you are satisfied with the test video and are ready to begin your interview, click the “Proceed” button.
6. For each video question page:
a. Click your Flash plug-in's "Allow" button to enable permission for your microphone and webcam. You may have to scroll down to see the "Allow" button.
b. Click the “Play” button in the middle of the video question window, and listen carefully! The video question will play only once. As soon as the question is finished playing, the response window will begin recording automatically. You will have exactly 1 minute to answer.
c. When you have finished answering the question, click “Stop” or wait for time to expire.
d. The response window will display a confirmation screen. Click the “Proceed” button to move on to the next question.
7. You may save your progress and exit the system at any time by clicking the “Save and Exit” button. When you log back in to your ApplyWeb account, you will have the opportunity to continue working on your Video Interview form by clicking the “Work on Form” button.
8. When you have finished answering all 5 questions, you will be prompted to click the “Submit Interview” button to submit your responses. You will see a confirmation screen that you may print or save for your records.
PLANNING AND PREPARING FOR THE INTERVIEW:
The best preparation for the interview is to be able to articulate your background, professional and personal experiences, and reasons for your interest in the program. Please set aside 30 minutes to complete the entire interview process. The dress code for the video interview is business casual.
You can review your application status by signing into your Activity Page. If your application is incomplete, you will be able to review what items are missing by using your Checklist.
If you have any questions or require further information please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.