The requirements for a Master of Engineering degree in Operations Research and Information Engineering are:
- A minimum of 30 credit hours of approved technical coursework, all taken for a letter grade, with the exception of the required colloquia, while enrolled in the M.Eng. program.
- A minimum of 19 letter-graded credit hours in approved technical engineering coursework.
- A minimum of 12 letter-graded credit hours in approved School of ORIE coursework.
- An engineering design project for 5 to 8 credits, depending on the student’s concentration, resulting in a final presentation and written report.
- An approved program of courses as outlined in the M.Eng Student Handbook, satisfying the student’s concentration requirements. Each student is responsible for submitting a study plan of courses approved by their advisor, and carry a course load that enables him or her to complete the MEng Program without unnecessary delay.
- Minimum semester M.Eng GPA of 2.50, and a minimum GPA of 2.50 across all ORIE courses.
- No grade below a C- in every graded course taken.
Students must fulfill ORIE Core requirements. These consist of successfully completing 12 or more letter-graded credit hours among the courses listed on pages 6-7 of the ORIE MEng Handbook, including:
- 9 or more credit hours in ORIE courses;
- 3 or more credit hours at the 5000-level or above; and
- 3 or more credit hours in each of the following categories:
- Optimization Modeling
- Stochastic Modeling
- Data Science and Statistical Modeling
- NOTE: Additional course requirements may apply depending on the student’s concentration. Please refer to the M.Eng Student Handbook.
For more detailed information on degree requirements, including requirements for each concentration or minor, including substitutions and exceptions, see the Master of Engineering Student Handbook (PDF).