ORIE Ph.D. Visit Days
All Fall 2018 Admitted Students are Invited to Attend
|When:||Thursday, March 22 — Saturday, March 24|
|What:||Get a Chance to Meet Other Students Interested in ORIE @ Cornell
Learn More About the ORIE Faculty
Schedule (subject to change):
|Evening (TBA)||NYC Only: Dinner for visitors arriving for Thursday's event at Cornell Tech in NYC.|
|11:00am - Afternoon||Activities in NYC at Cornell Tech (for visitors who opt to begin visit in NYC)|
|7:00-9:00 pm||Welcome reception with current Ph.D. students at TBA|
|9:00-9:45 am||Breakfast with current Ph.D. students|
|10:00-11:45 am||Faculty Research Presentations|
|11:45 am-1:00 pm||Group lunches with ORIE Faculty
|1:00-3:30 pm||Individual faculty meetings|
|3:30-4:00 pm||Q&A session with current Ph.D. students|
|4:00-4:30 pm||Campus Tour with current Ph.D. students|
|6:00-7:30 pm||Bowling @ Helen Newman Lanes|
|8:00-10:00 pm||Dinner at Mia Restaurant
|10:00 am-1:00 pm||Activities TBA|
What Do I Need to Do?
- Make your travel arrangements to and from Ithaca, New York
- Visit our website and review the links under Travel Resources beneath the Preparing for Your Visit header for information on air and bus travel options around Ithaca.
- The Ithaca/Tompkins Regional Airport is located conveniently in town, and the Syracuse Hancock International Airport is approximately 60 miles north of Cornell (estimated driving time of 1.5 hours to Ithaca).
- Directions to Cornell Tech (NYC) can be found here.
- Bus service is available via commercial carriers as well as our Campus-to-Campus bus line that runs between Ithaca and NYC. Get local taxi information and other Ithaca travel information under Planning Your Visit.
- Please note that your lodging at The Hotel Ithaca will be reserved and paid for by ORIE, as well as ground transportation to and from all scheduled events.
- Complete our survey to confirm your attendance and travel itinerary! (AVAILABLE SOON!)
- Request reimbursement for your travel expenses
- Reasonable travel expenses up to $500 will be reimbursed by ORIE.
- Submit the Visitor Travel Reimbursement Form with original receipts. You may request to have these funds reimbursed by direct deposit with the submission of an ACH form (note: a voided check is not needed).
- International students traveling on a B1, B2 or visa waiver must also submit a copy of your I-94 form.
- All reimbursement materials may be submitted to our office at email@example.com.