ORIE PhD Visit Days
All Fall 2017 Admitted Students are Invited to Attend
|When:||Thursday, March 23 — Saturday, March 25
|What:||Get a Chance to Meet Other Students Interested in ORIE @ Cornell
Learn More About the ORIE Faculty
Schedule (subject to change):
|Evening (TBA)||NYC Only: Dinner for visitors arriving for Thursday's event at Cornell Tech in NYC.|
|11:00am - Afternoon||Activities in NYC at Cornell Tech (for visitors who opt to begin visit in NYC)|
||Welcome reception with current Ph.D. students at Bandwagon Pub, Farm & Brewery
||Breakfast with current Ph.D. students
||Faculty Research Presentations
|11:45 am-1:00 pm
||Group lunches with ORIE Faculty
||Individual faculty meetings
||Q&A session with current Ph.D. students
||Campus Tour with current Ph.D. students
||Bowling @ Helen Newman Lanes
||Dinner at Mia Restaurant
|10:00 am-1:00 pm
||Brunch, Taughannock Falls Overlook & Ithaca/Cornell tour
Crystal Lake Café, Americana Vineyards
What Do I Need to Do?
- Make your travel arrangements to and from Ithaca, New York
- Visit our website and review the links under Travel Resources beneath the Preparing for Your Visit header for information on air and bus travel options around Ithaca.
- The Ithaca/Tompkins Regional Airport is located conveniently in town, and the Syracuse Hancock International Airport is approximately 60 miles north of Cornell (estimated driving time of 1.5 hours to Ithaca).
- Directions to Cornell Tech (NYC) can be found here.
- Bus service is available via commercial carriers as well as our Campus-to-Campus bus line that runs between Ithaca and NYC. Get local taxi information and other Ithaca travel information under Planning Your Visit.
- Please note that your lodging at the Hilton Garden Inn will be reserved and paid for by ORIE, as well as ground transportation to and from all scheduled events.
- Complete our survey to confirm your attendance at Visit Days!
- Request reimbursement for your travel expenses
- Reasonable travel expenses up to $500 will be reimbursed by ORIE.
- Submit the Visitor Travel Reimbursement Form with original receipts. You may request to have these funds reimbursed by direct deposit with the submission of an ACH form (note: a voided check is not needed).
- International students traveling on a B1, B2 or visa waiver must also submit a copy of your I-94 form.
- All reimbursement materials may be submitted to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.